Mums of The Fall

The garden club sold 55 flowers and made approximately $495 on the mum sale

The+garden+club+recently+sold+mums+to+staff%2C+students+and+community+members.+

Wikipedia Commons

The garden club recently sold mums to staff, students and community members.

Henry Sartain, Reporter

Fall is here and that means winter will be here soon. People miss many things during the cold seasons but one of the most common is flowers. Many people love gardening or planting crops. The garden club helped people by selling them beautiful flowers called mums a few weeks ago during a sale.

The garden club’s name says it all. They love doing work that involves growing. They love growing and harvesting vegetables in their little garden that they have at Liberty. While they do focus on growing they don’t just do that. Recently, they sold flowers called mums to both the parents and the staff here at the school. Mums are very beautiful flowers that are about 8 inches. The club sold about 55 flowers for $9 each, which means that the club made about $495.

Ms. Sandy Pizzo is the teacher sponsor who runs the garden club as well as the earth club. Many people bought these flowers because they were up for a limited time. Ms. Pizzo explained how the sale was a “window opportunity.” The mums do not last that long and will die very soon, especially with the change in season.

Nicole McFadden, a teacher at Liberty, purchased some mums during the sale. Mrs. McFadden said that she loves supporting the garden club. She buys flowers that the club sells in the fall and in the spring. She said that her spring flowers last all the way until fall. Mrs. McFadden is definitely one of their biggest supporters. 

The garden club is a great way to show your support for the environment. They help supply you with flowers and it is a good way for the members to do what they love.