And Scene

Liberty will put on their first play in the new auditorium

On+November+16th%2C+17th+and+18th%2C+Libertys+Drama+Club+will+put+on+their+first+performance+in+the+new+auditorium.+

On November 16th, 17th and 18th, Liberty’s Drama Club will put on their first performance in the new auditorium.

McKenzie Bartels, Reporter

Everyone can’t wait until November when students can finally put on a performance that isn’t in the cafeteria.

On November 16th, 17th and 18th, Liberty’s Drama Club will put on their first fall play in the new auditorium.

There will be three different plays, each 30 minutes long and all directed by students.

The directors all the have lots of responsibilities. There is a lot of behind the scene things that take place in order to get ready for the big day that people don’t know about just coming to watch it.

Senior Abby Hankins, director of one of the three plays, “Going to School,” says that it is a lot of fun but it also takes time to make sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to.

“I love it because I get to take on a new leadership role that I don’t know if I will have the opportunity to do something like this once I get to college. I get to be in charge of the actors and I have to answer questions that anyone may have which is also stressful some of the time,” Hankins said.

The other two plays are called, “13 ways to Screw up a College Interview,” and “Avoiding the Pitfalls of High School Dating.”

There is also a lot of hard work that goes on just being an actor in one of the shows.

This is junior Devin EcKardt’s first time performing and he couldn’t be anymore excited.

“I’m so excited especially because it’s the first time in the auditorium. I feel like it’s such a huge milestone,” EcKardt said.

The theatre teacher, Ms. Willis is very excited about it being the first performance in the auditorium but she also says that it’s very different from years in the past.  

Now it takes more time to practice because there is so much more room up on the stage.

“It’s different, it’s more exciting but there is also a learning curve because the stage is so much bigger than the stage we were using before,” Mrs. Willis said.

There are a total of 37 people performing in these plays and many of them are freshmen or students that have never performed before.

The hope is that because there are more people in the play that more people will come to watch the performance then in the past.