LHS Strengthens Bond Between Mom and Daughter

Four McCains have attended LHS over the past 10 years

Submitted by Chelsea McCain

Lauren McCain (left) is Mrs. McCain’s fourth child to attend Liberty.

Chloe Stenger, Reporter

Chelsea McCain has had four of her own children come through high school throughout her time working at Liberty, She’s had Brant, Carter, Aubrey, and now her daughter Lauren. Her eldest son, Brant, was in the first graduating class.

Chelsea McCain is the guidance secretary at Liberty, and she has had four of her own children come through LHS during her time working here. She’s had Brant, Carter, Aubrey, and now her daughter, Lauren. 

Her eldest son, Brant, was a part of Liberty’s first graduating class. Mrs. McCain has been here since Liberty opened. She was a sub for the first two years before getting hired on full-time the third year. 

She loves being able to see her children when they want to see her, and she is also glad she gets to feel a part of the Liberty community.

“I enjoy the time I get with her here and at home. She’s only here for a few hours a day, but it’s nice. She’ll always come and check in when she gets here, so it’s nice to get to see her.” McCain details, “It’s also a benefit for her if she forgot to get something signed at home, she’ll come and have me sign it for her.”

Lauren McCain is Mrs. McCain’s 17-year-old daughter, and she is a junior at Liberty.

“It’s kind of fun just being able to have your mom there everyday.” She details, “When you need to go talk to her if you forget a form being signed, you can just go down there and have her sign it, or kind of like someone you can go and ask questions to throughout the day.”

Lauren expresses that she and her mom are very close, stating, “I believe working at this school makes an impact on our relationship. She was also the swim coach for my summer team, so between the two we spend a lot of time together.”

This year Lauren is in the CAPS healthcare program, so she is only on the Liberty campus for three hours a day. 

“I got to see her more last year compared to this year, but I like just going to different places than coming back for the last three hours.”