Ms. Kleiber’s Way of Spirit Days

Kleiber shows her love for our school by dressing up for spirit days
Sophie Hegyi
Ms. Kleiber dances with students during the homecoming assembly. Kleiber lip synced to “Disco Inferno” by The Trammps while roller skating across the gym floor. “Teachers are a part of the school, and we help the spirit stay alive,” Kleiber said.

When it comes to spirit days, Ms. Kleiber never disappoints.

She takes any opportunity to dress up to show school spirit. Whatever theme is set for that day, she will always show up in her best outfits. Carrying her spirits through the school encourages others to participate in the theme of that day.

“She definitely motivates me and never fails to amaze me,” senior Abby Harder said. Students all around Liberty are impressed with Kleiber’s outgoing spirit for the themes. 

It’s not just this year that she has started her spirit. Ever since she started working here at Liberty, she has dressed up and showed her love for our school. Her spirit has even won her an award from our StuCo. 

Ms. Kleiber skates her way into her lip-sync performance during the homecoming assembly. (Sophie Hegyi)

Kleiber was given a trophy that was passed around throughout the years to the most spirited teacher. Although StuCo has stopped this tradition, she hopes this tradition comes back. Kleiber thinks it motivated a lot more teachers to dress up and have fun.

“Teachers are a part of the school, and we help the spirit stay alive.” Kleiber states. 

Kleiber is disappointed this year by students’ and staff participation in themed days. She is hoping that her spirit encourages other students and staff members to dress up and participate in the theme. 

Senior Citizen Day has been Ms. Kleiber’s favorite day this year, for the day Kleiber carried around a walker and looked like a senior citizen. Students loved her spirit.

A new sophomore to our school Annalisa Segura states “My first day was on senior citizen day, and I could tell from the start that she was a very lively person.” Kleiber hopes that more students and staff will participate more in spirit days in the future.