Meet Henry

Liberty’s music program receives a new piano

Meet Henry

Mr. Gleason (right) plays Henry the piano during the winter choir concert on Dec. 18.

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Caleb Woods, Online Editor

There is a new student in the choir and his name is Henry F. Miller. But you won’t find him in the yearbook because he is an actually a piano that the music program received.

The choirs have been calling the piano Henry because of the brand name, Henry F. Miller. The reason the choir program needed a new piano is because the old piano broke.

“It will have a much grander sound,” sophomore choir student, Cole Allen, said. “It’s already in tune right away. It sounds more elegant.”

Choir director, Ms. Kennedy, was pleased to see the district approve the purchase of the new piano. It was delivered in October, but not everyone can play it.

“You must have explicit permission,” Kennedy said. “Whether you are Mr. Gleason or using it for a piano recital.”

Mr. Gleason, who teaches at Holt, is Liberty’s accompanist for choir concerts.

“It is a standard in the industry to have a baby grand piano in a performance space,” Kennedy said.

Not only did Ms. Kennedy go to pick out the piano, assistant principal, Mr. Pryor, also helped.

“I was given the name and contact info by our district office for a vendor that had a piano for us to come play/visually see,” Pryor said. “This was the piano our district office offered to purchase, so we concluded it was a win for Liberty.”

From the Piano Factory warehouse in North St. Louis to Liberty, Henry has made a long journey to be played at Liberty.

Caleb Woods, Audio and Online Editor

Caleb Woods is a senior and his first year on the Ledger magazine. This is his third year in publications. He loves watching the St. Louis Blues and he...

Sarah Downs, Reporter

Sarah is a sophomore at Liberty and this is her second year with publications. She is on the track and field team as a thrower. She also is a part of theater,...

1 Comment

One Response to “Meet Henry”

1. Sruthi Ramesh on March 8th, 2019 3:52 pm

Henry is so amazing

• Meet Henry

Lucky Sevens

• Meet Henry

Report Released On Health Risks Related To Coldwater Creek

• Meet Henry

An Eye Opening Experience

• Meet Henry

Coming Together

• Meet Henry

Students Take A Stand

• Meet Henry

A Stamp On Your Diploma

• Meet Henry

Deciding Your Future

• Meet Henry

Crowning Mr. LHS

• Meet Henry

Taking Advantage Of A Unique Opportunity

• Meet Henry

A New Twist On The School Mascot

Meet Henry