‘Eat Mor Chikin’

Chick-Fil-A is available at lunch on Thursdays at Liberty

The+cafeteria+has+offered+Chick-fil-A+sandwiches+on+Thursdays+this+school+year.+

Abby Jordan

The cafeteria has offered Chick-fil-A sandwiches on Thursdays this school year.

Jessica Gibson, Reporter

What’s better Chick-fil-A or Canes? Whichever you prefer, odds are you still like both places. Instead of having to drive all the way to St. Peters or Wentzville, you are able to buy Chick-fil-A every Thursday at lunch.

Serving the sandwiches is new this year for Liberty and also all of the Wentzville School District. Timberland, Holt, Wentzville Middle, South Middle and Frontier Middle all have the option of buying sandwiches at lunch. Each school sells it on different days of the week, but Liberty and Frontier both sell it on Thursdays.

“Depending on how many sandwiches we sell, determines how many we have the next Thursday,” said WSD child nutrition manager Ms. Boswell said. “I hope it continues into next year because most of the kids love having the option for lunch.”

It isn’t for certain that the lunches will continue into next year, but most students wish it would. Chick-fil-A, being a favorite food place for most students, is something to look forward to. There were a few day the cafeteria had the nuggets instead of the sandwiches. According to Ms. Boswell, it was something that Chick-fil-A was trying, but from now on the sandwiches are here to stay.

“I look forward to lunches on Thursdays because I know there is going to be Chick-fil-A,” junior Amy Sutton said. “I think it’s great that the school does it.”

Liberty used to offer different foods that were from outside of the school. On Wednesdays, students used to be able to purchase Smoothie King. Having that option only lasted a year, but most students loved having it.

“I like having the outside food as an option for lunch,” senior Abby Reed said. “If they could include Jimmy John’s on days, I would buy it almost every time. I think having Chick-fil-A at lunches is great.”

Lunch is something everyone looks forward to at school. It’s a 30 minute break from classes and by that time, students are hangry. Serving Chick-fil-A is just one more thing to look forward to during lunch.