Three Acts To Remember

Liberty’s senior thespians start a new tradition of their own and have the seniors direct the one acts.

Sarah Downs

Junior Dylan Lindke as Jimmy from “Jimmy the Antichrist” laughs like a maniac with his family.

Sarah Downs, Reporter

For the first time in school history, the thespians held their senior directed one acts on May 10-11 in the auditorium.

Marissa Pukala and Devin Eckardt directed the “10 best/worst things about high school.” In their play, they talked about iconic high school moments such as prom, graduation and the school’s play.

“The hardest part was getting all the transitions on time because we had to get all the actors run backstage for their quick change then be back on stage on time,” Pukala said.

All the actors in the “10 best/worst things about high school” made the directors proud and made the audience laugh, and relate to everything on stage.

After Eckardt and Pukala’s play, the play Emily Stabile directed was “9 worst breakups of all time.” In this play, you see a girl getting broken up with just before prom and she is greeted by a woman, played by freshman Amanda Yoder, that proves with her magic, that they did not just go through the worst breakup ever.

“Being a drama queen and controlling the stage was my favorite part of acting in this play,” Yoder said.

Everyone has thought at one point in their life that they just had the worst breakup ever and it ends up not being a big deal at all. “9 worst breakups of all time” had many people laughing and creating empathy for Yoder’s character who truly did have the worst break up of all time.

The last show of the night, “Jimmy the Antichrist” was directed by Paxton Linnemeyer, and he got a very positive response to his show with even having some of the other actors enjoy it the most. The audience laughed throughout all three shows.

“I think ‘Jimmy the Antichrist’ should be everyone’s favorite. That’s definitely the one everyone laughed at the most,” junior Lindsey Grant said.

While Jimmy left a big impact on the crowd, every show that was played made the directors proud of themselves and proud of the upcoming thespians of Liberty.