Contemporary Colors

Contemporary+Colors

Braden McMakin, Reporter

Christian Tebeau is a sophomore here at Liberty with an exceptional passion for Color Guard. He is a part of the Wentzville Liberty Eagle Regiment and has been involved with several performances and competitions, pursuing his dedication to the sport.

Tebeau became interested in Color Guard by a recommendation from a friend and ultimately went to an audition. He immediately liked it.

“Color Guard is an outlet for people to convey emotions, to perform and compete visually as a team to work towards a common goal,” Tebeau said. He describes the motive of the team as a demonstration. “It’s all about the visual aspect. Color Guard uses competitive dance and equipment to tell a story and represent the music to express emotion towards an audience.”

Each member of the guard is like family and plays an important role in every performance.

“It’s a team effort,” Tebeau said. “Anyone can do guard. No matter how uncoordinated you may think you are, as long as you can make the commitment and work hard alongside some wonderful people, you can grow as a performer and a person, work hard and it pays off.”

img_2972
Color Guard: the night of the homecoming football game.

The WLHS Color Guard is an amazing environment where you can be yourself and work with extraordinary people such as Tebeau and many others. The guard took first place at regionals both in 2014 and 2015 for the WGI (Winter Guard International) competitions, as well as recently taking second place in the Red Division of the Music on the Meramec Competion and 4th place in Class A during the fall of 2016.

img_2975
Winter Guard: winning the gold medal at the MCCGA championships.

With the inspirational productions and developing school, the group is hoping to continue to improve and grow closer as not just a team, but as a family.