DECA 2020

On Dec. 12, Liberty DECA students headed to South County Mall to compete in a district competition. After much preparation, an early morning, and a hypnotist show, the results came back.

“LHS DECA members walked in the competition with confidence and poise,” DECA sponsor Ms. Taylor said. “They knew that practice and work they have done all year was about to be put to test. We could not be more proud of the hard work and dedication that each student has exhibited throughout the year.”

More than half of DECA members are new to the club this year and have never competed before.

These students will now take on the state competition located in Kansas City, during spring break for a chance to advance to the International Competition in Nashville, TN.

“Some of the events that our students qualified in had over 20 competitors, with only the top four qualifying for state,” Taylor said. “One of the most rewarding moments during the competition was during awards hearing Wentzville Liberty being called up on stage in so many events. LHS has established a new record for state competitors. Our goal is to continue working hard for state competition to bring some International qualifiers back to LHS.”