Sticky Fingers, Sticky Floors

Paige File, Reporter

Laughter echoing through white plastered wall, lips smackin with cheddar coated puffs, gossiping bouncing from lips to lips. You have found yourself in the cafeteria.. well for most people anyways.

Many students here at Liberty find themselves anxiously waiting for the alarming bell to dismiss for lunch, the alarming ringing is music to our ears as we all head off to their usual cafe tables. Not all students can relate on having the usual cafeteria “spot.” Groups of students gather and meet to eat on the cold, tile floors, the empty stairwells, some even meet up to go to their usual meet up place, home of vending machines.

The teens lingering in the empty halls and staircases all provide friendly smiles, just some of us need more personal space than others. I personally believe it is a way of expressing individuality and independence and I am all for it. People need to take pride in who they are and what they want, even if it is sitting on the staircase during lunch. Being at this age is harder for others, so taking a seat in the hall after an engaged couple of hours, is a small victory for their personal being.  

I feel as if young people of this generation need that little push of independency to just do what they want for once. They also need to always be respectful in their decisions. Sometimes during the busy, book-filled days mixed with the late assignment filled nights, you just need a tranquil environment, to regain, so you can continue on as a lovely soul.  

As we branch off and eat wherever we please, we must always respect our elders, such as teachers and staff with respect. Coming to a building every day that allows us to express our differences and similarities is a blessing. We want to always keep this unique safe place clean. Plus, picking up the extra chips wrapper won’t hurt you. Respect is a two street, so we must treat the ones respectfully for they allow us to express our inner selves daily.