Growing Up

A message to freshmen going into sophomore year

Abby Hurych, Reporter

Freshman year was stressful because you’re the baby of the school and you’re nervous about the older kids and new friends, but once a month or two you are used to everything and you’re able to not be as stressed. The assignments definitely piled up on me when I was a freshman. Of course, you have some drama with your friends, but I made some amazing friends. I liked all of my teachers. They all were understanding as we were the incoming freshmen. My freshman year was very stressful though. I was just overwhelmed with the assignments and I procrastinated because of how many assignments I would have. I couldn’t wait to move on to my sophomore year hoping it was going to be easier.

Sophomore year is amazing for me. You definitely chose your own grades by the amount of work and time you put into your work. I am loving my sophomore year I am in all the classes I wanted. It’s not just the classes I’m taking that is so awesome, but it’s the people that are in my class. I was placed with some really good teachers and classmates. I don’t have any mean teachers and the assignments are reasonable and they are easy. I still have a lot of work to do, but it’s not very hard when you don’t procrastinate and you put in hard work. You definitely have to pay attention in class because if someone is distracting you during notes or a lesson, you miss a lot of things you will need to know. I’ve made more amazing friends this year and that helps to have a big support system.

I just want to let all the freshmen or incoming freshmen know that it gets better. Being a freshman wasn’t great, but it wasn’t terrible for me. But my sophomore year is amazing and I hope my junior and senior year is as awesome as this year. If you are too stressed and you need a break, talk to one of your teachers. I’m sure one of them will help you and stay after for help and tutoring. Choose your classes wisely and choose ones that you will enjoy taking because you’ll regret it if you don’t think about you classes carefully.