Ward Receives 100th Career Win After Pinning Fort Zumwalt East Opponent

Lola Cadice

Senior Jackson Ward helps his opponent up after pinning a Holt wrestler at a duel earlier this season.

Elektra Lowe, Reporter

Jackson Ward reached a wrestling milestone on Jan. 28 after he recorded his 100th career win against Fort Zumwalt East. 

Ward is in his senior year of high school and is also in the 195-pound weight class. As of right now, his senior year record is 43 wins to 4 losses. However, in all of his years wrestling his career record is 100 wins to 28 losses. He started wrestling in the school year 2017-2018, as a freshman. 

In addition to wrestling, Ward plays varsity football. He used to be on the track and field team as a freshman, but decided it wasn’t for him and didn’t pursue it any farther.

“It felt pretty nice, but it was just like another win,” he said, after his 100th win.

Ward will be wrestling at Ohio Northern University starting next semester. In the college world, each school is placed in a “division”: Division 1 is the best of the best, it and goes down to Division 4. The college of Ohio Northern University is a Division 2 college for wrestling.

To any future wrestlers, Ward would say to “stick with it and also do off-season training when given the opportunity.”