Kicking it Off

Kallie Fruehwirth signs to play for Lindenwood University-Belleville

Kallie+Fruewirth+%2812%29+signing+to+play+soccer+with+Lindenwood+University+Belleville.+

photo by Abby Hurych

Kallie Fruewirth (12) signing to play soccer with Lindenwood University Belleville.

Maddie Baker, Sports Editor

Since a young age, senior Kallie Fruehwirth has loved soccer and wanted to take her talent into college. Hard work, talent and a good work ethic allowed Fruehwirth to accomplish this goal that she has had for a long time.

Fruehwirth recently signed with NAIA Lindenwood University-Belleville(Belleville, IL) and is excited for the upcoming season with her new team.

“I’m most excited for learning a new team, getting to be able to play college soccer and being able to continue my soccer career,” Fruehwirth said.

Fruehwirth plays defense and has bounced back from many injuries along the way.

“Kallie has worked hard, I’m proud that she is able to accomplish playing soccer in college. I know that she has played high level soccer her whole soccer career, it was a goal she was aiming for and I’m glad she was able to achieve her goal,” head soccer Coach Kleekamp said. “She is extremely hard working, she has a great work ethic and that’s how she’s been able to bounce back from the injuries that she’s had and still be able to compete.”

Lindenwood-Belleville wasn’t the only college that wanted Fruehwirth to play for them. Harris-Stowe located in St. Louis and Webster University located in Webster Groves, Missouri.

“I really liked Lindenwood’s campus. I loved the coach and I’ve already met some of my new teammates,” Fruehwirth said.

Fruehwirth will start her next steps in her soccer career and school career this summer at the University.