Crowning the King

Liberty is hosting the first annual Mr. LHS male beauty pageant organized by Stuco

Sarah Martin, Reporter

Now is the time for the men of Liberty to step up and parade their talents.

Liberty’s StuCo is hosting it’s very first annual male beauty pageant, Mr. LHS. The pageant will be held on April 28, in either Liberty’s gym or auditorium. Contestants filled out applications for the event.

“This is the first year where we have a full class and this is one of those events that happen at every high school in the area and I’m excited to bring it here to Liberty,” StuCo sponsor, Ms. Holmes said.

The pageant is co-hosted by senior Amy Paulus and junior Kennedy Hennessy. The pageant will be judged by various teachers.

“It’s a parody on female pageants, the point is to make the audience laugh,” Hennessy said.

The contest will begin with a parade, each contestant’s name will be called and they will walk across the stage with a female escort. The escort is of their choice, but they must attend Liberty.

The contestants will perform a group dance, that they will learn on scheduled dates. The group dance will be choreographed by Taylor Stewart and Kortney Collier. The dance will be followed by a school-appropriate swimsuit contest.

Senior Tim Leach is one of the students who signed up for the pageant.

“I hope that I win and I’m excited for all the goofy swimwear.”

The contestants will all present a talent of their choice to present to the audience in 1-3 minutes.
“I am most excited to see the talent portion of the pageant. I think it will be really funny and make a lot of people laugh,” Paulus said.

Lastly, contestants will dress in formal wear and will be asked a random question. Then contestants with then convey their favorite pickup-line to the audience.

All rules for the competition must be followed, or contestants will be disqualified. School appropriate clothing must be worn in all events. Students must behave appropriately during the entire competition. Contestants must attend rehearsals and performances of the event. Participating students must attend the meetings with the choreographer to learn the group dance. Lastly, contestants will be required to use appropriate language in the Mr. LHS groupme.

Students prepare eagerly for the new tradition brought to Liberty.