WSD Summer School Is Open For Enrollment

Everything you need to know about summer school

Summer school registrations are available for students K-12 and free of charge for all WSD enrolled students.

Bryleigh Conley, Reporter

As of now, Wentzville School District’s 2022 Summer School Enrollment Program is now open for registration. Registration will be available for students K-11 and will close on April 4. The program will be held on June 7-30 and will be open to all WSD students free of charge. 

Summer School will last four days per week. In the first week of the program (June 7), classes will meet Tuesday-Friday. In the following three weeks, classes will meet Monday-Thursday. All WSD high schools and middle school classes will take place here at Liberty High School. More information about the program and enrollment can be found here.

Summer Journey:

Along with the main summer school program, there is also a program called Summer Journey. This program will be available to students K-5 and will give students a new and exciting approach to learning. It will take place from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. and will be located at each child’s home school. The middle school enrichment program, high school recovery, and advancement courses will also be offered.

The Summer Enrichment Program:

This is another program available to students 6th-8th grade. Students will be able to choose three areas of interest to learn about, these courses, along with other information can be found on the WSD website under the summer school tab. Classes will last from 7:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. These classes will be located here at Liberty High School and breakfasts will be provided free of charge. Chautauqua and buses before and after school will not be provided and students entering kindergarten will need their updated immunizations and to show proof before attending.

Credit Recovery and Advancement:

Lastly, 9th-12th credit recovery and advancement classes will also be available. The morning session will last from 7:15 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and the afternoon sessions will last from 11:30 a.m.-3:15 p.m. There is also a full-day option and those sessions will last from 7:15 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. These classes will also be located here at Liberty. To find the available courses and offerings, click here. Before and after school buses will not be provided and breakfasts and lunches will be free of charge. Students entering grade 12 need their MCV4 vaccine before attending.

Families within the Wentzville School District can register online by signing into their Tyler SIS Student 360 Portal account. All high school enrollments must be signed in and completed through Tyler SIS, and not through the mobile app. To access the enrollment form, you must change the school year to 2022-2023.  Families who are not enrolled in the district can contact [email protected] to enroll.

Video link for more information: https://youtu.be/9Nk8-gLPujg