Student Helps To Create Lindenwood’s ‘Stress For Less Fest’

Senior Megan Barnett creates stress event as part of her CAPS project

Senior+Megan+Barnett+helps+promote+LUs+Stress+for+Less+event+during+all+three+lunches.+

Emily Barnett

Senior Megan Barnett helps promote LU’s Stress for Less event during all three lunches.

Emily Barnett, Reporter

While COVID-19 cases have simmered down in recent months, its impact on society is still evident. Senior Megan Barnett has put a lot of effort forward into creating a one-day event for the community to de-stress and spend time together.

Every year students who are part of the CAPS (Center For Advanced Professional Studies) program work on a final project called the Capstone project. The Capstone project is a project where students who are part of the CAPS project try to help or create a certain company or organization with any problems they have or create a project that will positively impact the community. Barnett has been working hard with her CAPS friend Marissa and Cora along with the Lindenwood Public Health group to create an event that helps relieve stress.

“We all know that Covid has affected our lives tremendously over the last few years. That’s why my fellow CAPs friends and I have been working to make this event happen,” said Barnett. She and her team have worked together diligently during weekly meetings to organize this event. “Our meetings were good. We mostly talked about ideas for the event like what activities to do, ideas for giveaways, and promoting the project,” Barnett said.

The event will take place on April 10. The event will have kid’s yoga, make your own tie-dye shirts, therapy dogs, and more. Barnett, her friends, and Lindenwood want to promote this event and show the community that they are here for them and that they are not alone.

“Students should participate because ‘Covid’ has taken a mental and emotional toll on everyone,” Barnett said.