‘Sour’ Tour With Salty Tears

Olivia Rodrigo makes a stop in Chesterfield, MO as part of her debut tour “Sour”

Sruthi Ramesh

Olivia Rodrigo preformed at The Factory in Chesterfield in front of over 3,000 fans.

Grayce Page, Reporter

Olivia Rodrigo is the 19-year-old pop star that everyone loves, knows, and cries to. Fans know her from her time on the Disney show “Bizaardvark,” or maybe even “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series.”

The artist is currently on her first tour for her hit album “Sour,” featuring hit songs like “driver’s license,” “deja vu” and “good 4 u.” She visited The Factory in Chesterfield and performed on April 20 to a crowd of roughly 3,000.

Fans arrived at the venue as early as 5 a.m. to be at the front of the pit. The weather was rough and fans waited for hours through the wind and rain.  After hours of waiting in the cold and freezing lines, they let 1,000 fans come into the venue to get first dibs on their spots in the pit. An hour later, the rest of the fans were welcomed inside, where they waited for opener Gracie Abrams to perform.

Olivia Rodrigo performed many of her hit songs off of her popular “Sour” album in front of fans, many of whom waited hours outside in the wind and rain to get a good spot in the pit. (Sruthi Ramesh)

Abrams performed a couple of her songs for about an hour. Fans of her and fans of Rodrigo who had never even heard of Gracie, all danced and sang together in the pit. The songs that Abrams performed were meaningful but still kept a lighthearted vibe. After she was done performing, the star of the night was ready to take the stage.

Rodrigo started her performance with her song “brutal” while fans started to already lose their voice from screaming. She started the night off with an edgy punk vibe, and kept it throughout the night. The tour was different than just listening to the album because the popstar made sure to incorporate bright and fun elements into her tour; from the guitars to the lights to her outfit, everything was amazing.

As the night started to come to an end, she finished off with her song “good 4 u” as confetti fell from the ceiling. After the curtains closed and fans picked up almost every piece of confetti off of the floor for safe keepings, and it was time for fans to go home.  Even though leaving the parking lot was a struggle for everyone, everyone left with good memories that will be remembered forever.