Liberty Seniors Are Welcomed To Return To Crossroads To Walk The Halls

Megan+Barnett+%2812%29+is+thrilled+to+return+to+Crossroads.+Barnett+is+shown+as+a+kindergarten+graduate+from+Crossroads+in+2010.+

Photo submitted by Megan Barnett

Megan Barnett (12) is thrilled to return to Crossroads. Barnett is shown as a kindergarten graduate from Crossroads in 2010.

Emily Barnett, Reporter

One of several mottos at Crossroads Elementary school  “once a Corgi, always a Corgi” is soon to be celebrated among current Corgis and Corgi Alums. On Thursday, June 2 at 1:15 p.m. senior students who attended Crossroads for any time during their elementary school career are asked to join the current 5th and 6th graders who are moving to middle school to walk the halls on the last day of school.

The clap out at Crossroads for the 5th graders has been a tradition for the first 15 years. The clap out for the 6th graders began around five years ago when middle school grades moved into elementary schools. A few years ago the staff started inviting LHS seniors who were former Crossroads students to participate in the clap out as well. Staff members who are leaving Crossroads are free to join.

“I love it! It is a fun and exciting and a great way to finish the school year,” said Crossroads Principal Fay.

A few senior students have either received letters in the mail or have heard the news and plan to attend the event. Camille Grimes, who is a senior and plans to attend Missouri State in the fall, got her letter in the mail a few weeks ago.

“I feel like this is a great tradition that was started many years ago,” Grimes said.

Senior Megan Barnett, who is attending SCC in the fall, is proud to be grown up and reminisce with her past memories and former self.

“I can’t wait to go back and walk the halls where I once walked and maybe go see my teachers again,” Barnett said.