Turkey Drive Nets an Increase in Numbers

Liberty donates 167 turkeys to families in need, a jump from 107 last year

Mr.+McMillen+and+Mrs.+McMillen+load+donated+turkeys+on+the+morning+of+Nov.+16+to+be+delivered+to+families+in+need.+

Cara Turner

Mr. McMillen and Mrs. McMillen load donated turkeys on the morning of Nov. 16 to be delivered to families in need.

Ella Quinney, Reporter

Every year teacher Amanda McMillen, who also is a freshman cheer coach and ASC sponsor, runs our school’s turkey drive. She is always looking for an opportunity to serve the community and the turkey drive is the perfect chance to do just that. 

Liberty has a partnership with the Juvenile Justice Center, who then send the turkeys to No Hunger Holiday, who distribute full meals for families in need.

This year Liberty donated 167 turkeys to these incredible foundations, which was a huge jump from last year’s 107. Hopefully these numbers will only grow over time.

McMillen first started running the turkey drive four years ago, and since then she’s never looked back. 

“It’s really easy for people to get involved, there’s really no special thing you have to do, or rule,” McMillen said.  

Anyone is allowed to donate, and the donation doesn’t just have to be a turkey. It could just be a money donation. A majority of the donations made this year were in cash.

So get ready to make a difference next year, by donating to the Liberty turkey drive.