The Experience of Working at Panera

Sydney Eilermann shares what it’s like to work at Panera

Nicki Bruns

Sophomore Sydney EIlermann has been working at Panera since 2022, and she shares her experience so far.

Nicki Bruns, Reporter

Most of us know and love the fast food restaurant famous for its fresh bread and delicious food. Founded right here in St. Louis, Panera has been delivering high quality food and service since 1987. Liberty sophomore Sydney Eilermann knows what it’s like to work at the restaurant.

Eilermann started working at Panera in September of 2022 because she needed a job, and has always loved Panera’s food since she was a kid. Eilermann has enjoyed working at the restaurant ever since, and mentioned the fun dynamic between her and her fellow co-workers.

The environment in Panera is always upbeat. My co-workers and I get along well and always joke around with each other, and our managers are always kind and fair,” Eilermann states.

Eilermann, like other Panera employees, prioritizes creating a great experience for customers at the restaurant. She mentioned how she accomplishes this at her job. 

The best part about working at Panera is being able to help and be a part of the community I live in.

— Sydney Eilermann

“The number one way to give a customer a good Panera experience is by having a smile on your face and being kind and respectful,” she said. 

This job has been a great experience for Eilermann so far. She’s been able to form new friendships between her fellow employees, and gain experience in the working world. Because of this, Eilermann has plans to continue working for Panera in the future. 

“I think I will continue to work there for the rest of high school. I like it a lot and if I stick with it, I could one day become a manager.”