Embracing France

This upcoming summer, LHS students and teachers can go on a tour to France.

The+students+will+visit+the+Eiffel+Tower+on+this+trip.+See+Madame+Farrelly+for+trip+details.+

submitted by Madame Farrelly.

The students will visit the Eiffel Tower on this trip. See Madame Farrelly for trip details.

Abbi Davis, Reporter

As the summer months approach, so does the opportunity to embrace French history, culture and language. After the school year comes to a close, students have the opportunity to take an 8-10 day educational tour around France. Here, students are given the tools and experiences to know what life is like outside of the United States.

In this non-school sponsored trip, students engage in tons of activities across France. They will visit museums and national monuments, have picnics, participate in sporty activities, go to cooking school, go shopping and go to the beach. This is an educational tour, but the items on the itinerary are bound to be a blast. The cities that are going to be visited on these trips are rich in culture, history and beauty.

submitted by Madame Farrelly
Visiting the Palace of Versailles is an optional activity on the trip to France

Madame Farrelly serves as the tour group leader said. “I really enjoy visiting Paris, of course, and after that I would choose the French Riviera as one of my favorite places,” Farrelly said, “Eze, Monaco, Nice and Cassis are among my favorite southern French cities.” 

Aside from the beauty and fun of it all, this tour is enriching for students, whether they’re learning the French language or not.

“Traveling in general is very important, but when I took trips to France at my high school, it changed my life. I wanted to be a dentist until I took those trips.” Mme. Jennings said.

Both Farrelly and Jennings believe that these trips help students see and understand other cultures first hand.

These trips aren’t affiliated with the Wentzville School District, but that doesn’t mean LHS students can’t go. To get the information about these tours, check in with Mme. Farrelly outside of school hours. If you’re interested in immersing yourself in French culture and fun activities, then this is the trip for you.