• May 13 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 12, Howell North - 2
  • May 13 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 3, Zumwalt West - 2
  • May 11 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 1, Westminster - 5
  • May 9 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 7, Orchard Farm - 15
  • May 7 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 2, Howell Central - 8

Lights, Camera, Action: Liberty Hosts 8th Annual Film Festival

WSD students showcase their creative filmmaking talents to family and friends
Caitlin McDonnell
Wabash Elementary students go up on stage to collect their medals from host Anna Fleetwood.

Our theatre drama club hosted the 8th annual Wentzville Film Festival in the auditorium on Wednesday, April 24. The hosts of the event were Anna Fleetwood, Anna Simms, Mak Barnes, and Marissa Varga.

Anna Simms loved going on stage with some friends and acting out the skits that they had written.

“We had written the script the night before, and we were hoping that the jokes would land with the audience, and a few of them did,” Simms said.

Marissa Varga (far left), Anna Simms, Mak Barnes, Anna Fleetwood (far right) makes jokes to the crowd during the Film Festival on April 24. (Caitlin McDonnell)

This event consisted of many diverse categories of film for K-12 students of the Wentzville School District to participate in. There were a total of eight categories of film to enter in and around 120 film submissions.

WSD schools that participated in this event were: Boone Trail Elementary, Crossroads Elementary, Green Tree Elementary, Heritage Primary Elementary, Heritage Intermediate Elementary, Lakeview Elementary, Prairie View Elementary, Wabash Elementary, South Middle School, Holt High School, Liberty High School, Timberland High School.

Throughout the festival each film was displayed on the screen in the auditorium for family and friends to watch. Once the film was finished by each individual or group, the hosts presented the medals on stage.

This year our school had two winners in both the sports category as well as the animation category.

Senior Lily Nelson won for her “Girls Prepare for Upcoming Season” sports video. This was Nelson’s favorite video she has made so far in her broadcast media class. “It was one of the most intricate projects I’ve done,” Nelson said.

Freshman Maxwell Barnett also won for his “Robot and Cat Boy” animation video.

For the link to all the winning films submitted with authors, click the link below.

Film Festival Films