New Country Queen

Beyoncé makes country debut with two new songs
Echo Brooke
Beyoncé makes new country album and gets mixed reviews.

Beyoncé is one of the most known and loved singers out there. She was originally from the group Destiny’s Child before moving onto a successful solo career. You might have heard her from one of her songs, like “Single Ladies,” “Crazy in Love,” “Love on Top,” and “CUFF IT.”

Since she is so big in the pop scene, it came as a surprise to a lot of people when she made her country debut. It caused shock and controversy from lovers of country and pop alike. She released two new songs to kick off this country era called “TEXAS HOLD ‘EM” and “16 CARRIAGES.”

The reviews of her new music switch have been mixed. Some people have liked her songs and find them enjoyable to listen to. Others don’t like it so much and think this was a bad move on Beyoncé’s part.

Sophomore Tyler Bugg was one of the people who enjoyed her new music. He said, “It kinda threw me for a loop. I’m like Beyoncé and country? But it’s still a fun little boogie song.”

Not everyone shares this view though. Sophomore Kai Doyle said, “I’m just not a big fan of it. Her pop songs were a lot better and more enjoyable to listen to.”

Whether you like the songs or not, the sudden switch might not have been as surprising as you think as Beyoncé actually grew up in Houston, Texas. With these songs, she is embracing more of her country roots.

No matter what you think of her new music, she seems to be doing well. “TEXAS HOLD ‘EM” even made it to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Also, if  you do like her music, she is set to release a new album. It’s coming out on March 29 called “Act II” and will be the second part of her last album “Renaissance.”