Do You Prefer Private Schools or Public Schools?

Have you ever been to both, public and a private school?
Emerson Stubblefield
There are a lot of public and private schools in this area. Most people go to Public school. Which do you prefer? Have you ever went to both, a private and public school?

There are approximately 3,000 public schools and 662 private schools in Missouri. Some students have had the experience of going to both private and public school. 

Anna Meyer, a sophomore, has attended Liberty and is now at St. Dominic.

“People are way nicer at St. Dominic and it’s more structured, they have more opportunities to get involved at school,” Meyer said. “The main difference I would say is the environment. It’s so much nicer and you’re around nice Catholic people who are respectful.”

Meyer explains that private school is much better than public school because of the environment and more respectful people. 

Austin Koehnemann, a sophomore, goes to Liberty but she stated that she has once gone to a private school.

“Yes, I’ve been to a private school but I left after a semester because I guess that particular school wasn’t the best for me. I wasn’t learning what I needed,” Koehnemann said. 

Koehnemann explains that when she did go to the private school, she didn’t think it really suited her.

“For the rest of my high school years I wouldn’t go back to a private school.”

She also states that she wouldn’t want to go back to another private school, just because she only has a few more years left in high school. 

Private and public schools can be both good and bad. All students are going to have different opinions on private and public schools. 

As you see, both Meyer and Koehnemann have gone to a public and private school, yet their opinions on the private schools were very different. Meyer likes private school and thinks it is more welcoming there than at any other public school. Koehnemann likes public school better, having had her bad experiences in private school. 

Overall, one can be better for one person and not as good for someone else.