Hamilton Hype

Hamilton is coming to St. Louis and tickets went fast

Abby+Jordan+stands+in+front+of+the+Wicked+poster+at+the+Fox.+Jordan+was+one+of+the+lucky+fans+to+get+Hamilton+tickets+for+the+April+performance.+

Abby Jordan stands in front of the Wicked poster at the Fox. Jordan was one of the lucky fans to get Hamilton tickets for the April performance.

Molly Morris, Reporter

On October 23rd, hundreds of people rushed to the Fox Theater to be one of the first to buy tickets to the upcoming performances of the musical Hamilton. The musical is based off of the biography of one of our Founding Fathers, Alexander Hamilton, written by Ron Chernow. The show includes hip hop, pop and rhythm and blues music.

The Fox is having 23 showings of the musical at various times from April 3rd to the 22nd. Tickets ranged from $80-$500 and were being resold on secondary websites for over $2,000. More than 400 people lined up outside the theater and tickets were sold out within four hours.

Abigail Jordan is a freshman and was lucky enough to have gotten her tickets before they sold out. Her dad had bought the tickets online right when they were released.

“I’m very excited,” Jordan said. “It was kind of an early Christmas present for me.”

Jordan has seen clips and heard music from the musical. Her choir class even sang a song that is featured in the show. This however won’t be her first time watching a production at the Fox. Jordan has seen the musical Wicked at the theater twice now.

Aimee Weber is a sophomore and was also fortunate enough to get tickets for Hamilton too.

”My friends and I have been fans of it for a long time,” Weber said.

Her mother had got their tickets online after waiting for hours. Weber has been to the Fox to see a ballet and the musical Mamma Mia and is super excited to see Hamilton in April.

Although the tickets are sold out, the Fox is having a lottery for a few extra seats. The opening show will kick off on April 3 at 7:30 p.m.