Singing with Joy

The three choirs at Liberty are working hard to prepare for the Wentzville Invitational and Winter Concert

Select treble choir works on one of the invitational pieces, Gloria by Joseph Haydn.

Alyssa Place

Alyssa Place

Alyssa Place, Reporter

At Liberty, there are currently three choirs: concert, select treble and chamber. They are all directed by Ms. Kacey Kennedy, who also teaches the Guitar 1 and 2 classes. The choirs just had their fall concert, and have now switched gears to working on the 41st Annual Wentzville Invitational music selections, as well as their winter concert pieces.

The winter concert falls just a few short days after the Wentzville Invitational, so we have been preparing for two concerts at once,” Ms. Kennedy said. “We are very busy in the vocal music side of the music department at LHS.”

Ms. Kennedy also says that she is thrilled about the Invitational selections this year, and that each one brings an exciting and unique challenge to the table. She also had some thoughts about the winter concert.

“The winter concert is one of my favorite concerts of the year because we get to sing some traditional pieces, but I also try to include something exciting and new that our audience might never have heard before,” Ms. Kennedy said.

All of the choirs seem to be very excited about something else happening with the Invitational this year. This will be the very first one hosted at Liberty in our new auditorium.

“I think it’s wonderful that Liberty is hosting the Invitational. It’s so exciting that we get to sing with other schools,” freshman Emily Grant said.

Some students in the choirs auditioned on Oct. 7th for the All-District Honor Choir and 11 students were selected to be in it. This is the select group for only the students who are diligent, have a nice voice, of course, and have at least a moderate understanding of theory.

Their performance was on Nov. 4th at Pattonville High School, and some of the pieces were very difficult, however, the all of the students all did wonderfully.

If you would like to come see the Liberty choirs perform, however, it’s not too late. These are two great opportunities that you won’t want to miss. The Invitational performance is on Nov. 20th at 7:30 p.m. and the winter concert is on Dec. 12 at 7 p.m.

Alyssa Place, Reporter
Alyssa Place is a freshman at Liberty High School, and her first year helping with LHS Publications. She enjoys doing gymnastics, dancing, and going to youth group. When Alyssa isn’t busy with those, she likes to read, write, or hang out with friends. A quirky obsession of hers is pens, and she has over 200...