The Giving Tree

LHS gives back to the community through a gift drive

Abbi Davis

Students were to take an ornament off of The Giving Tree in order to donate a gift.

Abbi Davis, Reporter

Every holiday season since since its opening, Liberty has spread love and light to needy people in our own community, by holding the Giving Tree gift drive.

The Giving Tree is a way of keeping the holiday’s magic and fun in the households of families who are less fortunate. Not only does it spread cheer to families in our community, but the to the people who donate and participate. It is a wonderful way to give back and spread the geniality that is so commonly associated with the holiday season.  

“Everyone should participate because they can partake in the holiday sense of giving and charity,” StuCo public relations director Rishi  Kondapaneni said.

Introduced by Dr. Kiely, The Giving Tree gift drive has been an LHS tradition since. The drive works like this; anyone (staff and students) can go take an ornament with a gift on it from the Giving Tree. Then, they go out and buy the gift and return it to Ms. Holmes room. STUCO steps in and delivers the gifts to Morning Star Church, who then send the presents out to the families in need in the Wentzville community.

People in the student body think it’s fantastic that the school is providing an outlet for us to reach out and touch lives in our very own community.

“I think it’s a really cool way to donate because it’s so easy. It’s nice knowing that it doesn’t take a lot to make someones holiday brighter,” sophomore Elizabeth Harvey said.

Abbi Davis
The Giving Tree, which is outside of the library, is made to spread holiday cheer.