Too Much Makeup?

Is the amount of makeup a girl is really wearing affecting anyone?

Eye makeup like this can be seen as a little too much.

Nila Sasi, Reporter

In today’s society, girls are constantly poked fun at for either wearing too much makeup, or not wearing enough makeup. Honestly, what a girl does to her face is nobody’s business but her own. Common names you may have heard at our very own school about a girl going excessive with her makeup may include “cake face” or “fake”.

Other girls who maybe don’t wear as much or maybe no makeup at all may be called “confident” or “natural”. What people really need to understand, is that wearing makeup does not make a girl insecure, and if she wants to wear it, it’s totally fine.

Wearing makeup can get a girl in just as much problems as not wearing any at all. I think at some point during school, we have all heard someone being called ugly, or something like it due to the simple fact that they don’t want to wake up early and put a product on their face. It’s really heartbreaking how a girl will be made fun of and torn down no matter what how she chooses to portray herself.

As for the bullies? Probably just high school girls being high school girls; basically always either spreading rumors or being jealous. They probably don’t have anything better to do than judge someone else based off of the choices she makes.

Their insecurities fuel their need to put down others in order to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Just because a girl decides to put makeup on her face, does not mean that she is insecure about how she looks. It does not mean shes trying to impress boys. And I can guarantee that she is most definitely not wearing it for you. She is wearing it because she wants to look good for herself, and we should all learn to respect that.

Believe it or not, words can hurt. Whether it be typed through a text message, or said face to face, its still an insult. Nobody should be making fun of anyone for anything, let alone the quantity of makeup they are wearing.

Instead, we should all try to accept each other, even if we disagree on the little things such as makeup.

At the end of the day, the little things like this dont really matter at all and we can all try to be just a little more respectful about people’s opinions.

About the Writer
Nila Sasi, Reporter

Nila Sasi

Nila Sasi is a freshman at Liberty High. She’s always loved writing, but this is her first year in LHS publications. She’s on the JV tennis...