Filed under News, Showcase

A Change of Scenery

Liberty’s third prom will be held at a new location

A Change of Scenery

The space in the Foundry Art Centre where prom will be held, called the Grand Hall.

Cherilyn Grant

Cherilyn Grant

Cherilyn Grant

Liberty’s third prom is carrying on the tradition of having a new location each year. Liberty’s first prom was held at the Winghaven Country Club. The second prom was held at The Christy. This year, prom will be held at the Foundry Art Centre on April 21.

“We wanted to do something different than they had done last year,” Mr. Schumacher, one of the junior class officers’ sponsors, said. “The Christy would have worked out well, but this place fit our theme better.”

Junior class president Marlee Doniff booked the Foundry back in March of 2017. They wanted to find a unique place to hold prom. The class officers felt like downtown St. Charles would be a good area.

“We just felt like the Foundry was the best place because it’s super elegant and clean, so we could afford to put lots of different things there and it’s like a really nice location to be on Downtown St. Charles,” Doniff said.

photo by Cherilyn Grant
The Foundry Art Centre is located at 520 N Main Center, St Charles, MO 63301.

The new location ties in well with the prom theme for this year: Starry Night. The junior class plans to showcase different works of Van Gogh through their decorations. The inspiration for the theme came from something Doniff saw on Twitter.

“Our president, Marlee, was on Twitter and she saw an art museum that did something very similar where they were displaying works of art from Vincent van Gogh through projectors and so she thought it would be a great idea and we just kind of stuck with it since last year,” junior class officer Emily McPherron said.

The class officers and their sponsors Mr. Cole and Mr. Schumacher are ready for prom season.

“We’ve got decorations planned out. We purchased a lot of that stuff already. We’ve got the food planned out, the dessert. We have all that ready to go. We have a DJ and everything,” Mr. Schumacher said.

Prom was going to be held at the Foundry last year, but the location was double-booked so last year’s junior class officers decided to change venues to The Christy. Everything worked out for the best, though, because last year’s prom was a success. Now this year’s junior class can have their own unique venue for prom at the Foundry Art Centre which compliments their Starry Night theme.

About the Writer
Alisha Grant, Co-Editor-in-Chief of Yearbook

Alisha Grant is a senior and this is her fourth year as a member of the LHS Yearbook Talon Staff and first year on the Liberty Ledger Magazine Staff. She...