Got Stick?

Three hockey players at Liberty discuss their playing experiences

Alexis Donato, Reporter

Hockey is one of the popular club sports here at Liberty. Three hockey players discuss their experience playing the game they are passionate about.

Shae Bowsher
Sophomore Trevor Begley plays for Timberland and the Chesterfield club hockey program.

Student (Trevor Begley 10) –

Trevor Begley has played hockey for 14 years. He plays as a forward for Timberland and the Chesterfield club hockey program. His typical schedule includes four practices in a week. Watching the Blues inspired him to play hockey. He likes hockey because it is fast-paced and fun to play with a team. His favorite moment in hockey was playing in the finals.

Shae Bowsher
Junior Tony Follmer plays for the Triple A Blues.

Student (Tony Follmer 11) –

Tony Follmer has played hockey since he was 6 years old. He plays defense for the Triple A Blues. His typical schedule is three practices during the week and games on the weekend. He travels about 12 times in a year. His favorite moment while playing hockey was when he played in Quebec in front of a large crowd.

Shae Bowsher
Junior Kyle Patterson has played hockey for eight years.

Student (Kyle Patterson 11) –

Kyle Patterson has played hockey for eight years. He plays center on St. Louis AIC Prospects U18 AAA team. His schedule during the season consists of practice from Monday to Thursday, and then games on the weekend. He travels about 10 times in a year. Through playing hockey, he has had a lot of fun and learned a lot. His favorite moment while playing hockey is playing in the Timberland vs Holt games.