Iseman and Art

Ms. Iseman has become the permanent art teacher for second semester

Iseman and Art

Ms. Iseman teaches Art Fundamentals, Drawing, Painting, A.P. Art History and Studio.

Abbi Davis

Abbi Davis

Abbi Davis

Abbi Davis, Reporter

In first quarter, Ms. Iseman had been a substitute throughout the building. But through her college mentor, she was put in contact with Mrs. Moore (the previous art teacher) via email about becoming a long-term substitute for her classes.

Now in second semester, Iseman is finally permanent. Currently, she teaches all the classes that Mrs. Moore would, including Art Fundamentals, Drawing, Painting, A.P. Art History and Studio.

Becoming an art teacher was not part of Iseman’s original plan, but has worked out extremely well. She is a perfect fit here at Liberty.

“I really enjoy teaching here, everyone is super nice and there’s not much limit on curriculum so we have more room to move,” Iseman said.

She wants all of her students to take away one thing from her classes. She wants them to have the ability to solve problems with no definite answer because that’s essentially what art is. Iseman pushes for students to think outside of the box and express themselves artistically in ways they thought they never could.

“I love this class and the way she teaches because it’s very hands off so you’re able to do what you want with your art, but still get help on points of struggle,” sophomore Megan Foster said, one of Iseman’s students.

Iseman also hopes that her classes provide the same stress relief and fun that art provided for her.

Abbi Davis, Reporter

Abbi is a sophomore at Liberty with this year being her first as a part of the publications staff. She enjoys playing on the JV volleyball team, learning...