Happiest Place on Earth

Two Liberty students to travel to Disney and participate at a national cheerleading competition

Lexi Donato, Reporter

submitted by Madison Maine
Power (Senior level 2) from Cheer St. Louis.

Freshman Jordyn Jensen and sophomore Madison Main are two competitive cheerleaders that have earned an exciting trip to Disney World in Florida to compete with their teams at Summit.

They both compete for Cheer St. Louis and this summer will have the opportunity to go to Florida for one of the biggest competitive cheerleading competitions in the world.

“I’m super excited and I love going to Disney and going with my team,” Jensen said.

To go to Summit, you need to get an invitation or a bid from a different competition. The Summit competition is located in Florida at the ESPN Wide World of Sports at the Walt Disney Resort, during May 3-4 this year. 

Teams will stay at the Disney World Resort and they get a pass for the four Disney amusement parks. Teams will perform on day one and you have to have a better score than other teams to make it to day two of the competition. If you win Summit, you win a ring that is highly valued in the cheer world.

Jensen cheers on Glory, a 4.2 team and Main cheers on Power, a senior two team. Jensen has cheered competitively for two years. Her team got their bid at the American Championship competition. Main has cheered competitively for five years and her team got their bid at Athletic Championships.

Main said that she is “excited and nervous” for the big competition.

Jensen and Main are both looking forward to the big competition to show their skills and share a great memory with their teammates and their coaches.