Getting Involved

Senior Seth Tate has had multiple extracurricular accomplishments

Seth+Tate+%28right%29+has+been+a+key+contributor+to+the+Robotics+team+success.+

photo courtesy of Wentzville School District

Seth Tate (right) has been a key contributor to the Robotics team success.

Taylor Cunningham, Reporter

In the society and generation we currently live in, it’s uncommon to find kids who participate in at least one extracurricular. Seeing a student who is involved in one is nice, but seeing students who are in multiple activities is more rare.

Senior Seth Tate has been involved in many different activities throughout his high school career. From being a three year starter for the varsity football team, to helping start the Technology Student Association (TSA), he’s done quite a bit in his high school career.

“It has allowed me to have more friends,” Tate said.

Tate is a member of Wentzville Ratchet Rockers robotics team. He has been the person in charge of their design and CAD team. Tate made some of the final decisions about what the design of the robot would be. Working hand in hand with the manufacturing team, he was in charge of making sure their robot was built properly.

Currently, Tate is the president of TSA. His junior year, he was the vice president. He has served on multiple committees while he was a part of the National Honors Society. And as a member of Link Crew, Tate has helped run the freshman orientation.

There have been many accomplishments throughout the past four years. Tate was a STEM conference nominee for Liberty in both 2017 and 2018. In the first semester of 2017, he received the PLTW Engineering Student Recognition Award. He is an all-conference football player, and all-academic athlete as well as all-district.

Many people have helped shape Tate into the person he is today.

“He’s a leader at heart and very hard working,” junior Mykaela Reiland said.

It’s hard to ask about him and hear something negative.

“He’s always kind to everyone and strives for the best,” Reiland said.

Being so school involved is almost rare these days. Not many students take the time to dedicate themselves to their school, but Tate has gone above and beyond.

“It has grown me as a person,” Tate said.

Participating in your school environment can be very beneficial in the long run. It can prepare you more for your future and give you advantages others may not have.

“It has allowed me to get contacts that I can later use in life,” Tate said.