A Night to Remember

Prom 2017 is quickly approaching

Mrs.+Braswell+sells+prom+tickets+for+%2465.00.+

Mrs. Braswell sells prom tickets for $65.00.

McKenzie Bartels, Reporter

Liberty’s first junior-senior prom has been planned for over a year now.

The 2018 class officers, along with Mrs. Braswell, have been working hard at putting this year’s prom together since the end of last school year.

At the beginning, they were just gathering information about how the junior prom event last year and asking people about changes they wanted.

Then they began touring locations and looking for a place for prom to take place. They have to start touring locations so early because you have to book the place about a year in advance.

You can’t always please each individual but they are doing their best to make sure the night is perfect for everyone.

Mrs. Braswell and the class officers are very excited about the theme, A Gatsby Affair.

They actually picked the theme at the end of last year that way over the summer they could each gather ideas about what they wanted.

What most people don’t understand is that each decision made, may seem small but each decision is not easy and is as just important as the next.

“We are working on finishing touches and planning everything out so we don’t have to be worried the day of, because this is our prom too! We just want it to be amazing and I think it really will be,” junior Julia Wolz said.

This year prom will take place on April 8th and will be from 7-11 p.m. at the Christy Banquet Center.

The Christy Banquet Center was just recently remodeled, and it looks new and a lot better than the way it was before.

From March 6th-10th, tickets will go on sale and will cost $65.00 each. March 13th-16th ticket prices will raise to $70.00 each. You can get the tickets at lunch with cash or check only. After the 16th, tickets will no longer be sold.

“I am very excited for it. It is going to be the prom of the century,” said Mrs. Braswell.

Having everyone come to prom would be amazing, but the goal, is for around 450 students to attend.

“I am super excited about this being my first prom, but I am even more thrilled that this is the first junior-senior prom for our high school and that I get to help plan it,” junior Abby Falgout said. “I’ve had such great experience working with my fellow officers and Mrs. Braswell to make this an outstanding prom.”

The officers and Mrs. Braswell have already started making decorations for the Gatsby Affair for a few weeks now. In the end, the class officers hope that everyone who comes is as excited about it and likes just as much as they do.