The Breakfast Club

Four Students Test Their Cooking Ability – In Class

Rayche Paguntalan, Jordan Little, and Benjamin Leach prepare their pancake mix.

Eleanor McCrary, Reporter

Liberty’s Breakfast Club is not composed of a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess, or a criminal, but of Michael Albertson, Benjamin Leach, Jordan Little, and Rayche Paguntalan.

Every Friday all four of them bring an array of ingredients together to make their own unique breakfast. It all started on a Thursday in Mr. Barker’s AP Psychology class a few weeks ago, when Jordan declared to the others, “we’re going to make breakfast tomorrow.”

Benjamin assumed he was kidding, but soon learned he was not. Jordan insisted: they were going to make pancakes that Friday.

The next day, each member did their part. They had Bisquick, eggs, and even a grill plugged into the back of the room. Unfortunately, one thing they did not have was a bowl to mix it in, so they had to improvise… with a Nalgene water bottle and a rolled up piece of paper to funnel the mix in. Luckily, their innovation paid off, and they got to enjoy an amazing breakfast in the back of the classroom, without anyone noticing.

That’s right – they were so quiet about it that hardly any of the students knew what they were doing. Mr. Barker even pointed it out, and yet, no one took any notice. Once the class finally discovered the breakfast experimentation in the back of the room, they were shocked. In fact, Michael reports that “seeing everyone’s reaction” was his favorite part, rather than the food itself.

All four of them are in agreement. This will not be the last of their breakfast adventures. They want to make it a weekly thing, on Fridays. However, Benjamin is vouching for an option that requires a lot less cooking, such as cereal. Who knows what weird concoctions the Breakfast Club may try next.