Finally Driving

Haley Miller is excited to be cruising on the road

Olivia Diel

Sophomore Haley Miller recently got her driver’s license. New drivers are not allowed to ride with more than one friend in the car with them.

Olivia Diel, Reporter

Many students at Liberty are new drivers, including sophomore, Haley Miller.

Miller turned 16 in December and is very excited about her new car. She says it is perfect for her.

She loves everything about her beautiful white Nissan.

“It’s (the car) not too old and rides very smoothly and has very great features added like the sunroof, heated seats, loud stereo, and the controls are easy to work,” Miller said happily.

With being able to drive yourself comes a sense of freedom.

Miller says she loves how she no longer has to rely on her family to drive her everywhere.

The first day she had her car she drove friends and hung out all day, going to the park, out to eat, to Starbucks and to a friend’s house.

On a cold snowy day, Liberty released early and Haley Miller gave Dylan Cumberland a ride home.

Cumberland was grateful to not have to walk home in the cold, as exiting the car Cumberland shook Miller’s hand and said “catch you on the flip side homie.”

With this freedom also comes nagging people that constantly beg for rides.

Miller even said people she isn’t even friends with want a ride to places.

“It is annoying when people think that I am their ride to everything and everywhere all the time,” Miller said.

Also because of the passenger law, new drivers are not allowed to ride with more than one friend in the car with them.

Miller agrees that this law is reasonable, but does wish she could have more then just one friend in the car.

“You just have to know that if you get pulled over, it is your responsibility and you need to be aware that if multiple people are in the car you could get double tickets,” Miller said.

Other than getting tickets, Miller says that the thought of getting into a car accident really scares her. She ensures that she always drives precautionary and carefully.

Miller is a calm and responsible driver but does mess up on little things like, not slowing down quick enough or not making a complete stop.

Mostly everyone can tell you that driving gets better with time.