Zodiac Panic

NASA eases students’ minds confirming that they did not change the signs

Zodiac Panic

Sarah Martin, Reporter

Have you recently heard that your zodiac sign has changed? Well the media was wrong, the signs have not been changed.

There are several arguments about why the signs may have changed. For example, when the zodiac was created, there were 13 constellations. However, since a 12-month calendar was being used, only 12 of the constellations were included, leaving out the sign Ophiuchus. This news was recently released by NASA.

Astronomy is the scientific study of the outer space and everything in it. Astrology, which is where the zodiac signs originated, is not a science. Even NASA has claimed that the idea of making predictions of people based on when they were born is ridiculous.

NASA did not change the signs, they have nothing to do with them. They merely claimed that theoretically, if the signs were real, that they naturally would have changed by now.

We didn’t change any Zodiac signs, we just did the math,” NASA spokesperson Dwayne Brown stated in a recent article in TechTimes.

Zodiac signs have recently become prevalent in today’s society, especially on social media. Many Liberty students have been discussing the rumored change.

“They’re not real… but I like mine because mine is true. But that contradicts what I just said,” Ryan Lammert said.

Most Liberty students seem unhappy with the rumors of the change.

“I refuse to acknowledge it, I’m still in denial,” junior Abby Avery said.

The majority of the students claim that they do not want the signs to change.

“I’m a Virgo, I’m not changing,” junior Alicia Detterman said.

Because people have spent so long looking at their horoscopes and getting attached to them, you can imagine the anger that they felt when they heard of the so-called change.

Because of this debate, the sign followers have been divided. Those who believe in the original zodiac signs follow the Astrological (tropical) zodiac. Those who believe in the changed signs follow the Astronomical (solar) zodiac.

Scientifically speaking, the signs have not been changed. However, people are free to believe what they wish.