Activism Club Is Making An Impact At Liberty

The activism club is off to a great start with 31 participants at their first meeting

Sabryn Gibson

Activism club made political art in their first meeting and hung it in the cafeteria.

Sabryn Gibson, Reporter

Activism club has just started up and has already made an imprint at Liberty. The first meeting was on Nov. 5 and had a great turn out of 31 people attending. In the first meeting, everyone got to create a piece of political art that they were passionate about. The political art was hung in the cafeteria, and although differing opinions caused some controversy, the activism club plans to rise above and move forward with their goals for this year. 

The activism club promotes awareness of social issues among teenagers. It helps inspire young people to have a voice in politics and gives them an outlet to do so. The president of the activism club sophomore Arthi Kondapaneni shared some of these goals.

“Our goal is to raise awareness of social issues and empower students to become more politically active in their community. As young adults, we are the future innovators, change-makers, and revolutionaries,” Kondapaneni expressed. 

To truly make a change in the world, we have to confront the issues head-on. I am also hoping this club will allow students from all different sides of the political spectrum to be able to come together and share ideas.

— Arthi Kondapaneni

Activism club is a great way to meet people that are interested in the same things you are. This club helps students have a comfortable environment to share their ideas and to have important conversations with their peers without feeling judged. Members of the activism club hope to be responsible for some change and conversations at Liberty. 

“I am hoping this club will affect Liberty as a whole by showing students that political and social change isn’t something they should shy away from,” Kondapaneni said. “To truly make a change in the world, we have to confront the issues head-on. I am also hoping this club will allow students from all different sides of the political spectrum to be able to come together and share ideas.” 

This club has been making great accomplishments in the short time it’s been around and has had very positive effects on students and staff alike.

The positive energy that students bring is inspiring and invigorating,” Activism club sponsor Mr. Eversole said.