Double Feature

Liberty Drama is currently working on two different productions

Emily Bohn, Reporter

Paige Bostic

Liberty has been prevailing throughout the current theatre climate, defying all odds with safety taken into account. With two shows in the works, one in the books, and another two in the calendar; the LHS theatre program has anything but stopped.

The first show to come is “The Trail to Oregon”, a show produced entirely by students. Based on the Oregon Trail video game, it’s a musical with a small cast of seven and an unusual, hilarious plot. This is the first time such a feat has been done at Liberty, but it certainly will not be the last. The director and creator of the project is Michelle Yoder, and she is joined by Rhett Cunningham as technical director, Alyssa Place as musical director, and her sister Amanda Yoder as choreographical director. It will be performed Jan. 29 and 30, 2021, cast list is posted. 

Next up is “The Crucible”, taking place March 11-13 2021. This three act play is much more dramatic, depicting the Salem witch trials in historically accurate detail. Some may even be familiar with the show already, as they may recall reading it in some English III classes. Cast list is also posted.

Later in the year, Liberty will also be hosting their yearly mainstage musical, which will be “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee”, set for April 29-May 1 2021. Closing the doors for the season will be the senior-directed one-acts with dates yet to be announced.