Parents Sponsor Prom 2021

Open to upperclassmen, the event will be on April 10 at the Old Hickory Golf Club

Old Hickory Golf Club

Old Hickory Gold Club is located at 1 Dye Club Dr, St Peters, MO, 63304

Sruthi Ramesh, Editor-In-Chief of LHStoday

Hosted by the Class of 2021 parents, Liberty High School students have been invited to prom; the only one that they have had the opportunity to attend over the past two years.

The event will take place at the Old Hickory Golf Club, on April 10, from 7  to 11 p.m.

With each purchase of a $45 ticket, comes with a guest ticket in which students can bring anyone of their choice (including students from other schools). Tickets were first made available to seniors in a pre-sale, which took place from March 7 to 22. The remaining tickets were then made available for purchase by all seniors and juniors, on March 23. Originally, the deadline for purchasing all tickets was on April 1, but has since been extended to April 6.

Last year’s prom saw an unfortunate cancellation due to the pandemic, which was still new at the time. But on March 5, 2021, it was announced that prom had once again been cancelled across the district, “in the interest of safety for our students, staff, and the community.”

An email by assistant principal Dr. Kiely read, “We know that Prom is one of many exciting end-of-year events, specifically for our seniors, and this decision was not an easy one to make. Student safety and well-being are a top priority of the District, and we do not want to increase anyone’s risk of exposure to COVID-19.”

For this parent-sponsored prom, masks are not required to be worn during the event, instead having a designated ballroom for people who wish to wear masks, social distance, and be amongst others who are wearing masks. 

Announced on the @liberty.seniors and @gradnight2021 Instagram accounts, the parents let students know that they “Will be offering a ‘mask on’ designated ballroom. This space will be only partially open to the main ballroom for those that wish to mask and socially distance.”

In less than a week, students can hope to enjoy a night filled with food, a DJ, a photo booth, and lots of dancing.