The Band Mouse Becomes Local Legend In Fine Arts Hallway

How one tiny mouse rose to power

Sruthi Ramesh

“I wish the mouse had been around for Cinderella, we could have incorporated it,” Mrs. Gehrke said.

Sean Bruce, Reporter

The band, the mouse, the legend. The band and choir room have recently fallen under the terror of a fearsome monster: a mouse. “The Band Mouse” as it’s been called is somewhat of a local legend in the Liberty fine arts hallway. Much like with Bigfoot and The Mothman, the very existence of the mouse is hotly contested and sightings of the infamous Band Mouse are seldom reported and highly doubted by skeptics. 

In recent weeks, however, the mouse was seen by the choir teacher, Ms. Kennedy. This can mean only one thing: The mouse is on the move and has begun an ancient mission as old as time to take over the whole 500 hallway. 

When she was told of this shocking revelation, drama teacher Mrs. Gehrke claimed that she saw the horrifying beast as well in Ms. Kennedy’s office during lunch. Stating that she jumped up on a chair in fear of the mighty creature.

“I wish the mouse had been around for Cinderella, we could have incorporated it,” Mrs. Gehrke said. She and Ms. Kennedy named the mouse Hermann in honor of the aforementioned musical.

“I know that it might sound a little selfish, but I hope that Hermann stays on that side of the hallway and leaves my precious theatre alone,”  continued Gehrke, clearly shaken to the core with fear of the looming threat that The Band Mouse has created. Mrs. Gehrke will have to see the mouse’s theatrical talents before deciding to cast it in any future Liberty High School drama productions.

Will the mouse strengthen its iron grip in the fine arts hallway? Or will The Band Mouse join the likes of the Roman Empire and The Aztec Empire and take over the entire Wentzville School District, and soon stretch its terror over the whole Universe itself?