Liberty Named Top WSD High School

Liberty High School earned high national and metro-area rankings in 2021 Best High Schools by the U.S. News and World Report

Wentzville School District

Liberty achieved a high ranking for best high schools in Missouri.

Sabryn Gibson, Reporter

Liberty High School earned high national and metro-area rankings in 2021 Best High Schools, according to a release by “U.S. News and World Report.” LHS was ranked No. 1 of the Wentzville R-IV high schools, No. 23 in St. Louis metro area high schools, No. 31 in Missouri high schools, and No. 2,689 in overall national rankings. 

We are very excited that the students and teachers at Liberty are being recognized for their hard work and academic achievement. Liberty is regularly recognized as being a top-performing high school in Missouri and the St. Louis region,” Dr. Nelson said.

By earning a national ranking in the top 40%, we as a school achieved status as a U.S. News Best High School and gained eligibility to display a U.S. News-trademarked 2021 Best High Schools award. Here is the complete ranking of best high schools according to U.S. News and World Report.

The U.S. News-trademarked 2021 Best High Schools award badge that LHS has earned.

Dr. Nelson shared his thoughts to help Liberty reach its full potential.

We will continue to encourage academic achievement at Liberty,” Nelson said. “We will continue to encourage students to take Advanced Placement coursework to expose themselves to rigorous classes.” 

This achievement is big for Liberty and while the ultimate goal is to eventually be in the top 10 schools for academic achievement, this year’s ranking is enough to make us happy and motivate us to keep up the good work in years to come.