A Showcase Success

The Liberty Belles fourth annual showcase received a large turnout

Chasteanne Salvosa, Newspaper Editor

The event known to bring dance studios in the area together and display their talents has come once more – the fourth annual Liberty Belles Showcase. The showcase, which started as a simple fundraiser for the freshman Belles in 2013, has earned a reputation for joining studios of all kinds together to perform for the community in Liberty’s own gym on Sunday, Feb. 11.

This year, Angie’s Dance Studio, Imagine Dance Project, Renee Johnson’s Dance Studio, My King Studio of Dance, Excel Performing Arts, Frontier Middle School Dance Team, Lindenwood University Lionettes and the Liberty Bros were all present to perform at the showcase. And with dances ranging from ballet to jazz, the showcase delivered a diverse performance.

“I would consider this year’s showcase a success,” Belles captain senior Taylor Stewart said. “We had a lot of local dance studios that came out and danced here with us. It was awesome to see everyone’s love for dance.”

A large turnout helped prove that the showcase was a sensation as well as to raise money to send our Liberty Belles to state and nationals. The fourth annual Liberty Belles showcase was not only a proven success, but an established tradition for future Liberty Belles.