Take it to Tan-Tar-A

From+left+to+right%2C+Heather+McClanahan%2C+Lindsey+Gevers%2C+Claire+Roberts%2C+Cassie+Frank%2C+and+Danielle+Harris-McNair.+All+five+girls+who+competed+were+honored.+

From left to right, Heather McClanahan, Lindsey Gevers, Claire Roberts, Cassie Frank, and Danielle Harris-McNair. All five girls who competed were honored.

Chasteanne Salvosa, Co-Editor-in-Chief

With Liberty in its fourth year, not only our sport teams becoming tough competition, but our clubs and chapters are becoming forces to be reckoned with as well.

Senior Lindsey Gevers, juniors Claire Roberts, Heather McClanahan, Danielle Harris-McNair and sophomore Cassie Frank represented Liberty at the Family, Career, Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) regional competition on January 30 in Montgomery City.

FCCLA, who took one student to state last year, is now sending two students to state.

“They’ve been planning all summer. They’ve been researching and working real hard to achieve their goals,” FCCLA sponsor Ms. Pizzo said.

Senior Lindsey Gevers took home the gold for Focus on the Children, while junior Claire Roberts won gold in Leadership.

Not did only two girls win gold in two categories, but juniors Heather McClanahan, Danielle Harris-McNair and sophomore Cassie Frank won silver in Culinary Arts, while sophomore Jacqueline Dixon, juniors Faith Green and Daelyn Nilges, senior Amber Stockton and sophomore Abby Visconti, were judges or consultants for the event.

“But not only did we have girls compete, but we also had girls  who were judges and now they want to compete,” Pizzo said.

But for all five students who competed were honored as FCCLA doubles the amount of students they send to state from last year. And for Gevers and Roberts, the road goes on as they are sent to the FCCLA state competition, which will be held in Tan-Tar-A during spring break.