Students Show Appreciation To HOSA With Spirit Week

Submitted by Jennifer Strathman

HOSA week is filled with five days of fun to recognize healthcare heroes in the work force and our future heroes at LHS.

Kaylin Schwandner, Reporter

The purpose of HOSA Week is for members to give back to their communities through activities, presentations, recognition, giving thanks to the accomplishments and achievements of all who have made the health profession a better place to work.

Throughout the week of Nov. 15-19, LHS Health Occupations Students of America created a spirit week to bring attention to everything HOSA is about.

HOSA members shared their thoughts of what the organization is all about.

“To me, HOSA is a community of people that share the same passion for helping others,” sophomore Caitlin Novack said.

What even is HOSA? The mission of this club is to empower future health professionals to become leaders in the global health community through education, collaboration, and experience.

“HOSA week is a time for everyone in HOSA all over the world to come together and show their spirit and appreciation for the organization as a whole,” president Jaden Zelidon said. “It is such a fun week, and I love getting the entire school involved with it.”

Students at LHS join HOSA because it is a very open club, so you get what you put into it.

Novack says she joined to “meet other people and gain experience in the healthcare field before I go off to college.”