What Are Early Grads Up To?

Some recently graduated seniors discuss how they’ve been spending their time

Nader+Badwan+%2812%29+poses+for+a+picture+with+a+coworker+as+he+puts+in+more+hours+as+a+pharmacy+technician.+

submitted by Nader Badwan

Nader Badwan (12) poses for a picture with a coworker as he puts in more hours as a pharmacy technician.

Emily Barnett, Reporter

This semester is in full swing and many seniors are eagerly anticipating graduation coming up in the next few months. However, a handful of seniors who graduated after the first semester have started and progressed through to the next chapter of adulthood.

Most of the early graduated seniors have been working and enjoying the spare time they have.

“I am now currently working more hours at my job as a pharmacy technician, going to the gym more often at Club Fitness and spending more time with my family as I continue planning on which college I am wanting to go to,” Nader Badwan said.

While many of their friends at school are in classes completing assignments, early graduates have a completely different lifestyle.

I have the ability to be able to take time and do something like go to Florida, or be at work in the morning and leave when they get there for the closing shift. It’s strange to think about when I wake up that they’ve already been in school for an hour or two,” Keileb Abernathy said.

These early grads have a chance to get a head start in life. Christiana Bertenshaw is excited about traveling before going off to college. Sometimes ending a chapter in your life brings up thoughts and ideas of things that could have gone differently.

If I could start school over again, I wouldn’t put so much pressure on myself to be perfect,” Bertenshaw said.

Continuing on to a new chapter of life is always a challenge, but those who have graduated early have gone on to do so fearlessly.