The Results are In

Metcalf and Cheatham win StuCo election

%28left+to+right%29++juniors+Abby+Falgout%2C+Bennett+Outman%2C+Morgan+Metcalf+and+Bailey+Cheatham++are++working+hard+to+prepare+for+the+election+on+April+13th+

Photo by Olivia Holler

(left to right) juniors Abby Falgout, Bennett Outman, Morgan Metcalf and Bailey Cheatham are working hard to prepare for the election on April 13th

Olivia Holler, Co-Editor-in-Chief

It’s that time of year again, where the student body takes time to vote for the officers in StuCo to represent our school.

This year, juniors Bennett Outman and Abby Falgout were running against juniors Morgan Metcalf and Bailey Cheatham. Both Outman and Metcalf were running for president. Falgout and Cheatham were running for vice president.

On April 15th, the winners Metcalf and Cheatham were announced over Twitter.

For the new president Metcalf, being involved in StuCo inspired her to want to do more for the student body and the school.

“When I came into high school, I wasn’t a part of anything,” Metcalf said. “I didn’t do a sport and I had trouble making friends. StuCo was the light in my life, something productive and amazing that I get to be a part of.”

The four candidates were required to campaign and come up with their own ways to get people to vote for them.
Outman and Falgout’s slogan is ‘Sounds Good” as they have incorporated music and albums into their campaign.

“Bennett and I are using social media as well as a dozen or so really cool posters and many flyers to help promote ourselves, hopefully gain a good majority of votes,” Falgout said.

Metcalf and Cheatham’s slogan was “The happiest place on Earth.”

“We want to work on our school morale in general. We have hung posters to go along with our theme of Disney,” Metcalf said.

StuCo has made a huge difference in the candidates’ lives and has influenced them into wanting to help make high school a little more enjoyable.

“I decided to run because it has been a long-term goal of mine ever since elementary school. I love being involved,” Outman said.

The candidates also set goals to achieve if  they were elected.

“We want people to think of the Liberty Eagle and want to go to that school and want to be a part of our friendly and enthusiastic community,” Falgout said. “We would like to accomplish this by increasing Liberty’s presence in the community through charity events such as a Senior Citizen Prom, a bigger and better eighth grade event for incoming freshman as well as participating in various charitable walks.”

Metcalf and Cheatham also have similar goals.

“We want to incorporate more student-based programs/activities to make sure we can get everyone involved. Everyone deserves an amazing high school experience,” Metcalf said.

Voting took part on April 13th during all lunches.

On voting day, each of the candidates did one last push to get students to vote. Outman and Falgout had pencils and “tickets” with their slogan on it and then they had Dessa Outman, Bennett’s sister, play her guitar to go along with their theme with music. They also used sidewalk chalk with their slogan.

Metcalf and Cheatham passed out Mickey Mouse ears to go along with the Disney theme. They also did chalk on sidewalks to promote themselves.