Change of My Life

How others have changed areas just like me

Lawson+Murphree

Eric Mason

Lawson Murphree

Lawson Murphree, Reporter

It’s hard for teens to adjust to a new school. Last summer, I moved from my hometown I’ve lived my entire life – Troy. Moving to Lake St. Louis, I was so nervous being at new school knowing no one being new to the area.

I felt like I would be the same situation in Troy. After being here, the whole school year has changed my life for the better.

At Liberty, I’ve met some of the best people I’ve ever met. Liberty has build me a family or a wall around to keep me life in check.

I’ve been a great person but others as well as I have made change in my lifestyles by moving here. I’ve always thought what would have happened if I had never been bullied or annoyed by people at Troy would my life be any better here? My family sees this as a chance I should have nearly made five years ago.

I’m not the only one who has changed schools, not just moving houses. Amelia Quinn, who is a junior at Liberty, moved from a religious high school to Liberty this year.

“The school was a lot smaller than Liberty,” said Quinn. It was a change she didn’t see to be at this time last year.

“This is my first year at Liberty. It’s very different than what my old school was,” said Quinn. A lot things that she said that were better here than her old school were her new friends she has made in the past year.

“I feel better that my family is okay with me being here,” said Quinn. With changing from a small to a big school that changes your whole life and how you view school.

“With the school having such a big part of how our friendship can be here with new friends,” said Quinn.

Sophomore Khris Mehu had to change schools the way Quinn did.

“I knew it was going to be different,” Mehu said. He said that Liberty is more friendly atmosphere for him.

“Liberty seems more accepting than other schools,” Mehu said. Mehu thinks the school’s energy level helps him by making new friends.

“I like how the school is very energized as a whole to have friends,” Mehu said. He moved to this school this year just like Quinn. Mehu says the best part about Liberty is the people around the school.

“I like the way that the people here at Liberty are better than I thought,” Mehu said.