A Piece of Liberty to Hold Forever

Rosner gives each of her senior cheerleaders a piece of Liberty at their banquet

Danielle Corgan

Ms. Rosner kept a brick from when Liberty was being built, crushed it up, and gave a piece to each of her senior cheerleaders.

Danielle Corgan, Reporter

Following her love for teaching and passion for school spirit, Mrs. Rosner has been an active member in creating traditions here at Liberty and building the foundation of what it means to be a Liberty eagle.

Rosner had always thought of how interesting it would be to start with a high school. Being a cheer coach, she loves anything related to being involved and showing off school pride. As soon as she knew Wentzville was creating a new high school, she had a desire to be a part of it.

“Before Liberty started, I just thought it would always be cool, and when they started talking about building a new high school in the district, I was like ‘man that would be so cool to be a part of… picking out colors and mascots and that cultural, tradition and this is the way we do things,” Rosner said. “It was just kind of fun to be here from the ground up and know why things are the way they are and why we do things.”

From the start, she always talked to her cheerleaders about the importances of tradition and how the cheer they start are the ones that will carry on forever. As she said goodbye to her senior cheerleaders at their end of the year banquet, she gave them all a piece of Liberty they can hang onto forever.

“I got a brick from when they were still building the building and kept it for the last four years,” Rosner said. “Then I broke it up to give to each of my senior cheerleaders a piece of it since they were apart of the beginning of our program and the beginning of school,” Rosner said.

“I think that idea just kind of came from when we were the original staff talking about building the culture and building the legacy and building the school and the environment and community that we wanted liberty high school to be,” Rosner said. “That building analogy just kept coming up.”

Many of the cheerleaders loved the gift and the symbolic meaning it holds.

“I thought it was incredibly thoughtful and amazing gift for all of us and I was so happy to have a piece of Liberty to carry with me after I leave,” Allison Ball said.