Hot Scoop on TV Faves

They have a favorite show, what’s yours?

Chloe Stenger

Some of Liberty’s students choose their favorite TV shows.

Chloe Stenger, Reporter

Anthony Rey (11)

His favorite show is “The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.” This show follows Kusuo Saiki, one of the high school students who was born having various psychic powers, including psychokinesis and teleportation. He attempts to hide it from everyone at school. He is put in several seemingly normal scenarios in which he uses it to hide his special powers.

Rey states, “It has a lot of funny moments in it. The main character is very sarcastic from the standpoint where he dislikes being around other people, but people are forced to be around him and he isn’t very happy about it. I feel like it really relates to me.”

He details his favorite part as, “Where one of the protagonists, Teruhashi, finds out she is in love with Saiki.” Rey said.

Rey’s favorite character is Saiki because he really relates to how sarcastic Saiki is.

Bryleigh Conley (11)

Her favorite show is “Natsume’s Book of Friends.” Natsume travels to a town where his grandmother Reiko stayed in for a bit, there he meets an acquaintance of hers. Meanwhile Nyanko-sensei follows some spirits into the woods and ends up with a weird seed stuck on him that later becomes a spirit tree in Natsume’s front yard.

She likes the show because it is on the supernatural spectrum. “I don’t really know how to describe it, it’s supernatural and it deals with yokai [ghosts] and I really like stuff like that,” Conley said.

The storyline of this show is one that Conley enjoys. She details, “Natsume’s parents passed away, so he moved a lot being passed around from relative to relative, before he came to live with the Fujiwara family. He got pushed around because everyone found him weird for being able to see yokai, everyone just thought he was lying to gain attention. In the series, Natsume goes back to his family’s old house where he used to live with his parents before they died. The scene was so sad, it made me cry.”

Her favorite character is Natsume. She states, “I love the main character, Natsume, because I feel like I can relate to him too much, like sometimes I feel like if I’m too nice people can take advantage of me.”

Leilani Green (11)

Green loves the show “Criminal Minds.” The series follows a group of criminal profilers who work for the FBI as members of its Behavioral Analysis Unit, using behavioral analysis and profiling to help investigate crimes and find the suspect known as the unsub (unknown subject). 

“It’s really action-packed, and the actors are also very good. Normally when a show removes main characters, the show goes downhill, but when they removed two main characters to bring two new ones, it’s still the same, a very good show,” Green states. “The most I can say without giving anything away for anyone who hasn’t seen it and might want to: There is a very emotional scene with one of the main characters, someone very close to him dies in the hands of the criminal he has been trying to catch.”

She had a hard time picking one favorite character. Eventually she decided on, “Either JJ, Hotch, Garcia or Reid. Those are the ones who have stayed throughout the beginning of the series. You really get to know them and grow attached to them.”

Jenni Knapp (12)

Her favorite show is “Once Upon a Time.” This series tells the story of a new world, one in which fairy-tale legends and modern life collide. 

“It’s kind of like this retelling of ‘Grimms’ Fairy Tale’ stories, but more adult,” Knapp states.

She said she likes this show because it is like a look back into her old childhood. “It’s sort of a healing childhood thing, because it’s all of the stories we already know, but it’s more adult. So I love that it is now kind of my age,” Knapp details.

She adds that her favorite part is, “Probably in the beginning of season 2 when the cast goes to Neverland. It’s awesome.”

Her favorite character is Captain Hook because, “He is the very real one out of the group, he’s the pessimist who reminds everyone that what they’re doing is a bad idea. He is kind of like the brain of the whole operation, and he is also just extremely funny.”